Send us your updates


Click the link below to visit our website for contact info. Send us an email with a few pics or links and let us know how your new family member is doing.

Contact us





Jaxon (aka Duke) - Update from his forever home



Hi Judy,

My name is Lee, although I do not think we met at the time of Jaxon's rescue, I know you worked very hard to help us get connected with him through Beth. I spoke to Beth last week but thought you might enjoy hearing first hand how he's doing now that he has had 6 weeks with us here on the horse farm he now calls his forever home. Perhaps you can share this email with Jody at the shelter.

He has received a lot of consistent guidance from the whole family including my 2 cats and is really thriving very well with his new farm dog career. He is much better at meeting new people and making friends, even with children who visit occasionally. He no longer feels threatened by the horses or a need to protect us from them and he now respects them by giving them their space. He no longer needs to be tied up outside, is allowed free unsupervised run of the farm and always responds immediately to commands given. He loves his freedom to run and work on the farm with Dennis, myself and our daughter. Very intelligent around the horses, tractor, machinery and vehicles. He is now starting to learn his property boundary with great success. I am looking forward to soon being able to take him trail riding in the conservation forest next door to us and training him to keep my horse and I safe on the trails.

He does still have issues with chewing anything he can get his teeth on if left uncrated for even a short time with no one in the house but I'm sure this will pass as he get older. He tolerates crating  well now without  crying as his little sister has a crate right beside his. He is never a problem at night and happily sleeps on the floor beside us.

I just wanted to thank you on behalf of Jaxon, in his case your efforts no doubt saved his life. I know the work you do is very hard sometimes and wanted you to know how much it is appreciated. Perhaps one day we will get a chance to meet.

Yours in thankfulness,

Lee Swallow
Jaftica Stable

No comments:

Post a Comment